Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Weekly Update

I had a pretty crappy Thanksgiving, despite being off the chemo for 4 days. Felt sick most of the time.

We drove up to my sister's house in Windsor on Saturday morning (about 3 hours), had a great meal. It was really nice to see everybody. The one big down side is that now my wife and kids are hooked on something called a Wii and it looks like I'll be spending my next couple paychecks upgrading my game system. Oddly enough, my last game system was a Nintendo, too. The original. We had planned on spending the night and driving home Sunday, but I was feeling pretty sick by about 8, so we drove home so I could be miserable at home, rather than in a hotel room.

Monday's chemo treatment pretty much put me in a fog for the rest of the day (see chemobrain below). Today, the cold sensitivity has really kicked in. I was brushing my teeth this morning and reached down to get a handful of water to rinse. It felt like I had grabbed hold of a 120-volt line. It's that painful numb buzzing feeling, and sticks around for about 5 minutes or so. If I breath cold air, I'm hoarse for 5-10 minutes. I'll be putting up Christmas lights outside this weekend, so that should be fun.

Also on the up side, my bowels seem to be functioning much better. The radiologist said that would happen as the tumor shrank. I guess the radiation is working, so that's good.

I guess that's about all for the past week, nothing really eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment