Friday, May 1, 2009

Recovery

It's been 6 days since the operation, and I'm still wiped out. I don't know if this recovery is harder, or if maybe I expected it to be easy and it isn't. In any case I'm still spending too much time sleeping, and am tired all the time. The pain comes and goes, so I'm still taking Percocet. That may have more to do with my tiredness than anything.

The other night Gloria, my youngest, was goofing around on the couch and body slammed me on my left side, opposite the incision. I thought I was going cry it hurt so bad. Just a little reminder that there's still a lot of healing left to do.

On the up side, I've managed to avoid the more hideous side effects that were possible from this stuff (incontenence being the big one). So the outlook is still optimistic, I just need to be more patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment