Sunday, October 26, 2008

Diet and Exercise

I found an article on Friday that cites a study that says that exercise increases the survival rate for colon cancer. Since it seems this is about the only thing in my control, I'm going to go for it. Eating right and exercise are now my top priority. Since I've never been terribly good at either, it will be a challenge. Yesterday, Julie went out and found high fiber/low fat meals I can have for lunch at work, and bought cereal based on fiber content. Oddly enough Raisin Bran is one of the best, and also one of my favorites.

On the exercise front, I've hit the elliptical two days in a row, and will do so every day from now on. I'll add other exercise as my overall fitness improves. I'm not going to worry too much about weight, I'm sure the radiation and chemo will take care of that. I'm just going to concern myself with eating quality food and exercising.

The link I found on the benefits of exercise can be found at http://coloncancer.about.com/od/stagesandsurvivalrate1/a/Exercise.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment