Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anticipation

Nothing new to report, just hanging out, waiting for the surgery. I'm pretty healthy these days, no real complaints. I go in next Thursday for my pre-surgery education (how to deal with the colostomy, etc). Friday, March 6, I get to "prep" for surgery. "Prep" means purging my entire digestive tract of anything that isn't a clear liquid. It'll be fun, I'm pretty sure I can get a TV hooked up in the bathroom before then :)

Saturday the 7th is the day of the surgery. They'll first tattoo the inside of the colon, so they can figure out what part to remove when they come at it from the front. Then the real surgery starts. I figure I'll be in recovery by noon, on my feet that evening. I'm hoping for a 3-4 day stay in the hospital before heading home for a week of good drugs and peace & quiet.

My next post will be from the hospital bed.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with the surgery.
    For the prep, remember pat don't wipe. This is the fun part of it all.
    Just so you know , you are on 6 prayer list , that I know of.

    ReplyDelete