Monday, March 9, 2009

In Recovery

Well, it's Monday, Saturday was the big operation. I was up walking for the first time today, took a couple laps around the ward. I'm doing very well, a little ahead of schedule according to my surgeon. I feel ok for the most part, there are moments of excruciating pain, but mostly it's just an annoying dull ache. It's obviously hard to move. The incision runs from just below the sternum to just about the bikini line (yeah, like me in a bikini is an image you really want in your head). The prognosis is good, everything is going according to plan. Now we're just waiting for everything to heal up enough to go home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear everything is going so well. You've been in all of our thoughts, and we're definitely hoping for a a speedy recovery. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

    ~ Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya you could have left the bikini comment out :)

    ReplyDelete