Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Progress

Well, it's day 4 home from the hospital and all is well. I'm getting used to the ileostomy and dealing with that. I should be off the pain meds today or tomorrow (probably tomorrow). I don't want to be on oxycodone any longer than necessary. My surgeon said I should switch to Advil at some point, using oxycodone only at night so I can sleep. The pain has really subsided a lot, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

I still get tired pretty easy. That or I'm using this as an excuse to take a lot of naps, haven't really decided yet.

My abdomen is feeling pretty good, I can sit up without pain. The scar itches a lot, which I guess is good, means it's healing. The hair under the ileostomy patch is growing, which causes a lot of irritation. I think today I'll shave it back down and put on a new bag, which is a really disgusting adventure, no matter how you look at it.

Everything is going well, I'm recovering right on schedule. No complaints here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan,
    Quite glad to read that all went well, and that any pain is being well managed. You've sure got a terrific attitude. I am thinking of you and your family, and hoping that you are feeling great, very very soon.
    All the best,
    Lori Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai Al Moor,

    Do you remember me? I am Ananthan worked with you for Motor Club Project.Today only I got your blog from Simham.I read all the contents.I am praying for you will get back very soon.

    ReplyDelete