Thursday, March 19, 2009

Recovering

I'm at home, watching the NCAA tournement (and Notre Dame in the NIT). Recovery has gone pretty well, I've alternated between feeling fine one day and sleeping the next. The incision has just about healed, I can finally wear normal pants and it doesn't hurt. I haven't taken any pain killers at all for about 2 days, so that's not a worry at all anymore. I was always afraid I was going to be an oxycodone addict, I guess that fear was a good thing, it motivated me to switch to Advil.

I'm having a little trouble coming to terms with the ileostomy, it's hard to deal with. It connects above the belt line, then hangs down about 10 inches. So the waistline of pants goes right over top of it. I'm always afraid it's going to come off or start to leak or something. It's also pretty disgusting. I know, too much information...

I'm looking forward to getting back to the office on Monday, I've gotten lazy sitting around the house for the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment